5. Do not keep if possible more than $100.00 in your drawer.
6. Always give your customer their receipt.
7. Never use your own drawer to buy stamps, cash a check, or buy money orders.
8. ALWAYS CONDUCT YOURSELF IN A PROFESSIONAL MANNER, BE COURTEOUS.
9.DO NOT "EVER" TALK TO A POSTAL INSPECTOR WITHOUT UNION REPRESENTATION.
10. Make a written record of security and safety issues, report them to your supervisor and your union
11. Make sure to witness the verification of monies you turn in and get a "SIGNED RECEIPT".
12. Last but not least, There is a STEP 3 settlement between the APWU and the Postal Service which states: "Management will schedule 2 or more clerks at the same time. It is the position of both parties that no (one) clerk should be scheduled to work alone in a station."
CLERK CRAFT DIRECTOR
AMERICAN POSTAL WORKER'S UNION
E-mail for: Byron Murdaugh
Instructions for window clerks
" Make your job less stressful."